Consistent with its mission and vision, the general objectives of the Ministry of Transport, Works, Land and Surveys and Physical Planning are as follows:
- To regulate the traffic system in conjunction with the police.
- To regulate and support the land transportation system.
- To develop and maintain all public roads, buildings, bridges, airports, seaports, jetties and other public assets.
- To develop, monitor and regulate all components of the energy sector.
- To support other ministries and government agencies in the execution and implementation of projects.